Charity – Our Catholic faith teaches us to “Love thy neighbor as thyself.” Members of the Knights of Columbus show love for their neighbors by conducting food drives and donating the food to local soup kitchens and food pantries, by volunteering at Special Olympics, and by supporting, both spiritually and materially, mothers who choose life for their babies. Knights recognize that our mission, and our faith in God, compels us to action. There is no better way to experience love and compassion than by helping those in need, a call we answer every day.
Unity – None of us is as good as all of us. Members of the Knights of Columbus all know that – together – we can accomplish far more than any of us could individually. So we stick together…we support one another. That doesn’t mean that we always agree or that there is never a difference of opinion. It does mean that – as a Knight of Columbus – you can count on the support and encouragement of your brother Knights as you work to make life better in your parish and community.
Fraternity – Venerable Michael J. McGivney founded the Knights of Columbus, in large part, to provide assistance to the widows and children left behind when the family breadwinner died – often prematurely. The Order’s top-rated insurance program continues to do this today, as do the good works of individual Knights, who gave more than 75.6 million service hours in 2017, illustrating how Catholics serve each other in fraternity and mercy.
St. Edward the Confessor Church
- St. Edward Home Page.
- 516 921-8030
- Pastoral Team
- Rev. Michael T. Maffeo, Pastor
- Rev. Hyacinth Jemigbola, Associate Pastor
- Rev. Celestine Nwosu, Associate Pastor
- Msgr. Donald McE Beckmann, Sunday Priest
- Deacon James F. Murphy
- Deacon Barry P Croce
Knights of Columbus
What we do
Be a part of charitable work around the world. Join 2 million Catholic men through the Knights of Columbus. Practicing Catholic. Charity & faith formation. Charity is the heart of our work and our faith.
- This coming Veteran’s Day the Joseph J. Gorman Council #5091 of the Knights of Columbus will erect a Field of Honor in front of St. Edward Church. For details go to Blog at top of page.
- The next blood drive is tentatively set for Sunday, 10/25/2020, and will be held in the Holy Family Room.
- The Bishop Walter P. Kellenberg Assembly will be holding virtual 4th Degree Exemplifications on the following dates:
Saturday, 10/10/20 ii. Friday, 10/30/20
iii. Saturday, 11/21/20
For More Details go to BLOG at top of home page.